Immigration advice and processing

Individual and family immigration

There are many options open to Individuals and Families wishing to come to the UK, including the following popular categories. EIS will discuss your circumstances and objectives before advising on the best option for you.

Visitor visas →

There are many restrictions on activities permitted as a 'Visitor'; we help clients navigate the pitfalls.


Holders of EU Pre-Settled status have been granted an automatic extension of two years. This will only be reflected in their digital status, so no letters etc to confirm this but when the passport registered with their UKVI account is scanned at the Border, it will show the extension has been automatically applied to their status. Also, UKVI will automatically upgrade from Pre-Settled status to full Settlement (ILR - Indefinite Leave to Remain) if their automated checks confirm that the holder has completed 5 years of continuous residence in UK (this will mostly be done through tax records if the individual has a National Insurance Number).

Innovator Founder Visa →

For more experienced businesspeople seeking to establish a business in the UK. Applicants will have an innovative, viable and scalable business idea to develop in UK which is supported by an 'Endorsing Body'. The Innovator Visa is issued to be valid for 3 years, after which applicants can be eligible for settlement (ILR, Indefinite Leave to Remain). Requires evidence of sufficient capital to develop and sustain the business.

Graduate →

From 1st July 2021, the New Graduate route will enable international students to remain in the UK to work, or look for work, for 2 years (graduate students) or 3 years (doctoral students) after they completed their studies.

Some of the most important characteristics are:

How to apply? Sponsors will have to notify the Home Office when a student has successfully completed their course and students will have to know the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) they used for their most recent Student application.

Global talent →

You may qualify if you're an exceptional leader in one of the fields of Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, Medicine, Digital Technology, The Arts and your application is endorsed by either the Royal Academy of Engineering, The Royal Society, The British Academy, Tech City UK or Arts Council England.

Family and Private Life Visas →

You can apply for a Family Visa or 'Family of a Settled Person' visa if you want to stay with a family member or partner (eg spouse, fiancé, child, parent) who lives or intends to live in UK permanently. The family member or partner must be a British Citizen or have settled status in UK or must be a partner who has asylum or humanitarian protection in UK. There are language and financial criteria to be met. There are also Marriage Visas for those who need permission to hold their wedding ceremony in UK but will then return overseas to apply for their settlement visa.

Settlement →

Known as Indefinite Leave to Remain or ILR (and not to be confused with the status of Tax Residence), this allows you to stay in UK and live, work and study here without need to apply for further visas forever, as long as you don't leave for more than 2 years at any one time. Typically, 5 years of Residence is required, though be aware that not all visas count towards residence.

Citizenship →

Once you have held ILR for a year and have lived in UK for 5 years (or 3 years if your partner is a British Citizen) and you are over 18 years old, you may be able to apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen, depending on having spent sufficient time in the UK during that period and being able to meet the English Language requirement and passing the Life in the UK test. If under 18 years of age, an application for registration can be made.

Global citizenship →

EIS is able to advise and support applications around the world for individuals interested in Citizenship by Investment or Residence programs such as for Antigua & Barbuda, Malta, Spain, Portugal and many others.

High Potential Individual Visa →

The High Potential Individual (HPI) Visa allows graduates from a limited list of non-UK universities to apply within 5 years of completing their degree to live and work in UK for up to 2 years.


The UK will open a ‘Hong Kong BN(O) Visa’ for BN(O) citizens and their close family members from the end of January 2021.


The Student and Child Student routes have replaced the Tier 4 (General) and Tier 4 (Child) routes in the Immigration Rules.