Immigration advice and processing

Business immigration

There are many ways to travel to the UK on business. At EIS we consider all factors before providing our clients with options to ensure that the most appropriate immigration category is used.

Right to work checks →

All UK employers must have policies and processes to ensure that businesses comply with their duty to ensure staff have the right to work in UK (covers staff of all nationalities, including UK!). UK Visas and Immigration (UKV&I) have wide-ranging powers to audit any UK business to ensure that their staff have the legal right to work in UK and that checks are being carried out. We provide advice and mock-audits to prepare and test our business clients' compliance.

Visitor visas →

There are many restrictions on activities permitted as a 'Visitor'; we help clients navigate the pitfalls.

Innovator Founder Visa →

For more experienced businesspeople seeking to establish a business in the UK. Applicants will have an innovative, viable and scalable business idea to develop in UK which is supported by an 'Endorsing Body'. The Innovator Visa is issued to be valid for 3 years, after which applicants can be eligible for settlement (ILR, Indefinite Leave to Remain). Requires evidence of sufficient capital to develop and sustain the business.

Global talent →

You may qualify if you're an exceptional leader in one of the fields of Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, Medicine, Digital Technology, The Arts and your application is endorsed by either the Royal Academy of Engineering, The Royal Society, The British Academy, Tech City UK or Arts Council England.

Employment - Sponsor licences, Skilled Workers and Temporary Workers →

If your business employs staff that don't have their own right to work in UK, the business will need a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence. We help apply for such licences and then provide a managed service to process visa applications and maintain compliance - avoiding the risk of losing the licence and avoiding heavy civil penalties. Licence holders can then issue Certificates of Sponsorship to employees under the following sub-categories:

The sponsor must assign a Certificate of Sponsorship ("CoS"), which will be 'Undefined' if the sponsor has spare Certificates to allocate (replacing the old 'Unrestricted' CoS), or apply for a 'Defined' CoS if the sponsor wishes to employ a migrant from overseas (replacing the old 'Restricted' CoS).

EU/EEA/Swiss nationals who aren't able to register under the EUSS will have to apply under the Skilled Worker category.

Tier 5 →

Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5) and Government-sponsored Youth Mobility schemes.

Frontier worker permit →

This allows EU/EEA/Swiss workers who have worked in UK before 31st December 2020 but still live outside UK to come to UK on a temporary basis to work.

Global coordination →

The EIS team speaks 10 languages and is experienced in assisting businesses moving their staff to over 90 countries around the world - typically acting in around 30 countries at any one time. Since we are based in the global hub that is London, we act in many cases where the applicant isn't even coming to/going from UK since we are well placed to manage communications across time zones.